Are you organized? Are you a doer with a bit of creative side? Instead of seeing challenges, do you see opportunities? Are you looking for hands-on experience to showcase your creative side?
Good new! Always Creating, Inc. is recruiting for several unpaid internship positions to contribute to blogging, design and social media management, operations. We are based in Sterling, Virginia. Those looking to gain valuable online media experience in creative, lifestyle and fashion are encouraged to apply.
Candidates must commit to approximately 15-20 hours per week in our Sterling office, ideally spread out over three or four days. The position lasts three months after which time there may be an opportunity for renewal.
You’ll learn all the ins-and-outs of running a creative fashion and lifestyle content for digital media, get to learn more about how to turn your passion into a job in digital media, attend some fun local events, and more. Participate in editorial planning, pulling for fashion and editorial styled photo shoots. A fun and engaging work environment.
Apply now for immediate consideration!
Creative Editorial Assistant / Intern
We are looking for a creative editorial assistant / intern to join our busy creative team. The ideal applicant will possess strong knowledge of the blogging and creative lifestyle landscape, including various social media sites. The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to brand partnership projects, monitoring and posting on blogs and social networks, engaging in online forums, participating in online outreach and promotion, optimizing our websites and conducting keyword analysis.
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor client reviews
- Communicate with brand reps, marketing firms looking to partner with Always Creating Blog
- Develop content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis for company brands
- Monitor analytics with social media team to identify viable ideas
- Create engaging blog and social media content
- Manage social media presence ensuring high levels of web traffic and customer/follower engagement
- Manage editorial and planning calendars for both fashion and creative brands; interact with brand followers and clients
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field
- 1+ years’ experience in social media/marketing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- In-depth working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and Google+
- Experience with social media analytics, including Google Analytics, Instagram and Facebook Insights
- Basic knowledge of Lightroom and photo editing tools
- Flexible, self-starting attitude; outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to balance multiple projects at once and to prioritize
- Excellent time management skills (works well on a deadline)
- Must be creative with a keen eye for color, composition and design
- Strong time and project management skills
- Passionate about all things social media
- Strong knowledge of the brand marketing
- Preferably marketing or journalism major, but not required
- Must be familiar with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat
- Graphic design experience a plus
- Some travel necessary
Send a cover letter, resume and three nonfiction writing samples or excerpts (preferably journalistic articles) of no more than 500 words. Please email email@example.com application documents in word or PDF with the subject line “Creative Editorial Assistant Internship” to be considered.