We are looking for a highly dedicated individual with an interest in blogging, design and social media management for a fashion and creative lifestyle editorial internship at Always Creating, LLC, located in Sterling, Virginia. The intern will contribute to the production of the fashion and lifestyle blog and creative and editorial styling brands.
We are looking for a creative editorial intern to join our busy creative team. The ideal applicant will possess strong knowledge of the blogging and creative lifestyle landscape, including various social media sites. The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to brand partnership projects, monitoring and posting on blogs and social networks, engaging in online forums, participating in online outreach and promotion, optimizing our websites and conducting keyword analysis. Those looking to gain valuable online media experience in creative, lifestyle and fashion are encouraged to apply.
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor client reviews
- Communicate with brand reps, marketing firms looking to partner with Always Creating, LLC
- Develop content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis for company brands
- Monitor analytics with social media team to identify viable ideas
- Create engaging blog and social media content
- Manage social media presence ensuring high levels of web traffic and customer/follower engagement
- Manage editorial and planning calendars for both fashion and creative brands; interact with brand followers and clients
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field
- 1+ years’ experience in social media/marketing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- In-depth working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and Google+
- Experience with social media analytics, including Google Analytics, Instagram and Facebook Insights
- Basic knowledge of Lightroom and photo editing tools
- Flexible, self-starting attitude; outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to balance multiple projects at once and to prioritize
- Excellent time management skills (works well on a deadline)
- Must be creative with a keen eye for color, composition and design
- Strong time and project management skills
- Passionate about all things social media
- Strong knowledge of the brand marketing
- Preferably marketing or journalism major, but not required
- Must be familiar with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat
- Graphic design experience a plus
- Some travel necessary
Always Creating, LLC is looking for organized, motivated interns for the Fall/Winter 2017 semester. Candidate must commit to approximately 15-20 hours per week in our Sterling office, ideally spread out over three or four days. The position lasts three months after which time there may be an opportunity for renewal.
This is an unpaid internship for school credit only. But tons of other perks like lunches, Starbucks, and free products.
You’ll learn all the ins-and-outs of running a creative fashion and lifestyle content for digital media, get to learn more about how to turn your passion into a job in digital media, likely get invited to some fun local events, and more. Participate in editorial planning, pulling for fashion and editorial styled photo shoots. A fun and engaging work environment.
Send a cover letter, resume and three nonfiction writing samples or excerpts (preferably journalistic articles) of no more than 500 words. E-mail preferred: Send e-mail with Word or PDF attachments to apply, please email email@example.com with the subject line “Fall/Winter Editorial Fashion/Lifestyle Internship” by December 22th. You may also attach a cover letter or any other documents that will tell us more about your experience. Thank you!
Always Creating Blog is a lifestyle blog that started out as a personal blog, created in 2008 by Glor Barbaris, founder of Northern Virginia-based weddings and events styling firm, Always Creating Studio. The website provides readers with fashion, lifestyle, and interior styling inspirations as well as travel adventures and motherhood moments for the modern mom.
Always Creating Studio provides creative and editorial styling services for weddings and events, brands, businesses, and creatives. We work with wedding and event planners and designers to create a warm, whimsical, and personalized yet elevated atmosphere.