For as long as I can remember I’ve always started my mornings with a glass of plain warm water. I honestly don’t know when I started doing this or why, but I just find warm water a little easier to drink. This has been a habit that I’ve always practiced and I hope to pass on to my daughter one day.
Drinking lemon infused water is actually good for your digestive tracks and your skin. According to research, lemon peel contains phenolic compounds, such as flavonoids, phenolic acids, as well as vitamin C (ascorbic acid), which have been linked to antimicrobial, anticancer, and antioxidant properties. Here are some health benefits of drinking lemon water:
- Lemon water prevents kidney stones—dehydration and not drinking enough liquid causes kidney stone but adding a slice of lemon to your water and increasing your water intake will surely go a long way to prevent this painful experience.
- A daily dose of Vitamin C—lemon is packed with vitamin C and prevents cell damage from the inside out. So adding lemon to your water is another way to get your vitamin C.
- Promotes weight loss—according to the Cleveland Clinic, adding lemon juice to your water will help your waistline. (You don’t have to tell me this twice!)
- Helps digestion—acid helps to break down food and that’s why lemon is so important in helping your food digest properly. I have also read that grapefruit is also great source of vitamin C and helps with digestion and weight loss.
- Helps improve skin—thanks to all the water you’re taking in your skin will reap the benefits of it all and you will enjoy a glowing younger looking skin.
You can also replace lemon with lime slices or mint leaves or combine all three into your water depending on your preference. You can also add a few slices of lemon to your reusable water bottles so you can enjoy and stay hydrated all day long.
The benefits of a healthy well-balanced lifestyle when it comes to food and nutrition is critically important in ensuring that your skin, hair, and nails looks great. Mostly importantly, that your insides are functioning at its utmost best. That’s why any little change in the right direction is important, starting with a glass of lemon water every morning (and throughout the day). Drinking more water leads to clearer skin. So drink up!
Do you drink your water with lemon in the morning and throughout the day? What other ways are you infusing your water? Share in the comment below.
Thanks for reading Always Creating Blog! To stay up-to-date on my endless pursuit of creativity and to get updates on my styling and #ootd by following me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, or subscribe via e-mail to get new posts right to your inbox. And you can add me on Snapchat (@alwayscreatingblog)!