Blogging has become one of the fasted growing ways to increase overall brand awareness online in that it gives customers the opportunity to stay abreast on new product development and services. Blogging is fun. Blogging successfully and staying on topic is difficult to do whether it’s a personal, corporate or nonprofit blogs.
I find the following format and blogging strategies helpful when I started blogging year ago:
Strategies for Starting a Successful Blog
- Who – identify your audiences both internal and external: existing customers, new customers, key stakeholders and partners?
- Why – Identify the reasons for your blog. It is important to set realistic and achievable goals, and be prepared to adjust accordingly.
- What – what is the purpose of your blog? Whether you want to increase brand awareness, promote a product or service, it is important that you identify the purpose in order to archive your goals successfully.
- Where – where you host your blog is equally as important as the first three, so whether you pick a sub-domain off your main URL, Blogger, WordPress, or Tumblr remember to link back to your website.
- How – And finally, how do you intend to market, promote, and create new and original content for your blog?
Stay focus, it allows you to put forth clean, consistent, cohesive content and a voice that tells readers you are the expert. Whether you have a very successful blog or you are just starting a blog for yourself or company, follow these five steps to manage and create your blog successfully.
What strategies have worked for your corporate or personal blog? (Leave your blog links so we can check out your blog!)