This post is long overdue and highly requested, because I have shared on Instagram multiple times that my makeup stays on for more than 12 hours without reapplying. So let’s get right into the post!
First things first, I don’t use any fancy, designer makeup products. All of my makeup products can be found in drugstores like CVS, Rite Aid or Walgreens or online via Amazon.
I have two foundations that I use depending on the look I’m going for. For my every day makeup look, I use Maybelline Fit Me® Dewy + Smooth Foundation in Coconut (#355). I love the dewy and smooth finish I get with this foundation (it comes with SPF 18 + hydrates and smooths out my skin texture). The result is a natural finish and I just love it.
Before applying my eyeshadow, I always prime my lids with Wet & Wild Photofocus Eyeshadow Primer. It is the perfect primer that preps and brightens eyelids to help my eyeshadow stay on all day. Like if you have been looking for a shadow primer that works, this is it!
Just underneath my brow, I use e.l.f. Baked Highlighter, Blush Gems.
Then on my lid, I use my favorite lipstick to create a pink shadow color. I use Milani in Plumrose (#17). Yes, lipstick–it’s the perfect way to get dewy, wet shadow look!
I use Wet n Wild color icon kohl eyeliner in simma brown now.
For my cheeks, I actually switch between two blushes (depending on how I’m feeling), but for the most part it usually is Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blush, 20 Vibrant and Beauty Benefits™.
For my lips, right now I’m super into dark lips, so I’m always wearing Milani lipstick in Matte Dreamy (#80). I just love the matte finish and it is not trying at all. It glides on smooth, feels moisturizing and stays on for more than 8 hours, sometimes longer.
Moisturizer – water; before applying my foundation, I spray water on my face using a small spray bottle.
My personal beauty routine…
A lot of you have asked about my beauty routine. TBH, I don’t have one that I swear by, but I’ve one I live by: simplicity. Here are some of the things I do regularly to keep my skin healthy.
- I don’t wash my face at night instead I use makeup remover to wipe off my makeup. 4/7 nights I don’t use any moisturizer on my face.
- My skin type is oily, sensitive and dry; oily mostly which I LOVE but use to hate growing up.
- Sensitive to breakouts so I am hyper aware of products that I use on my skin. I don’t try any/all products because I don’t trust that it will not exacerbate my sensitive skin.
- And dry in the summer months (sometimes winter months), but mostly in the summer due to my increased exposure to sun. I don’t wash my face at night because I don’t want to wash away more natural oils with soap and water after using makeup wipes to remove my makeup. It’s my thing, not saying you should do this, but this has been my routine throughout most of my adult life.
- I use a face mask once a week.
- I use a facial scrub every two weeks.
Did you find this post helpful?
If you did, please leave a comment below. You can also leave me a comment on this post on my Instagram or DM me! Thanks for reading guys, more posts coming your way soon!