Glor Anwanwan | Lifestyle Blogger and Editor, Product Stylist and Photographer // Work Samples
Lifestyle Writing: Extensive experience in lifestyle and fashion writing, especially for Always Creating™ Blog. Additional experience includes work with ModernMom.com, Examiner.com, Style Writer for George Mason University student newspaper, Broadside and Broadside Online, and Northern Virginia Magazine.
Blogging: Professional blogging experience across topics, from fashion, lifestyle, motherhood, social media, product review, as well as, product and app reviews and to general life and travel.
Editing: Head content editor for AlwaysCreatingBlog.com, an international lake database providing information for lake recreation and living.
Social Media Management: Extensive experience in managing, planning, and creating strategy for social media for blogs, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
WordPress: Extensive experience managing blog sites on WordPress.com, including customized WordPress themes for each. Experienced in migrating other blog platforms to WordPress.
SEO & SEM: Knowledge of SEO and SEM best practices, Google Analytics, Keyword planning, and expert in writing for the web.
Always Creating™ Blog, www.alwayscreatingblog.com
Founder and Creative Director | officially launched June 2015 (Content migrated from previous blog from 2008-2015)
- Complete creative direction for blog site including photo shoot planning, product styling and photography; expertise in writing-for-the-web and applying SEO best practices, HTML, formatting-for-the-web experience, and social media knowledge, and content migration
- Brand management—coordination with brands and brand coordinators to create ideas for sponsored post, includes social media posts
- Content Editor –provided editorial oversight and managed and edited content for more than five featured and guest bloggers; work with bloggers to provide editorial guidelines and for edit and publish their content for Always Creating™ Blog
- Create and publish blog posts on all lifestyle topics from home and interiors to food, to style, to flowers, to DIYs, to travel, and family. 90% of blog content and photography is original and created by me
Modern Mom, www.modernmom.com
Writer, Contributor | October 2011 – 2014
- Wrote original posts for lifestyle and motherhood blog covering fashion, motherhood, and lifestyle topics
Writer, Tysons Examiner and Washington, DC Homelessness Examiner | August 2008 – March 2012
- Wrote articles about all aspects of shopping, fashion and style, events and
- Crafted lifestyle, culture, and other blog posts for my targeted market (Tysons Corner)
- Researched and wrote original posts on a variety of topics relating to Homelessness, research, highlighting key news and updates from organizations in the Washington, DC area
nexVortex, Inc., www.nexvortex.com
Web Manager and Editorial Content Manager & Social Media Manager | February 2007 – January 2011
- Redesigned the company’s website in six weeks (nexvortex.com) on custom Bootstrap theme, messaging and content development, revamp social media, and other electronic communications to build awareness and engagement
- Worked with the design and creative team on user-experience (UX) deliverables such as prototypes, wireframes, and design documents
George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia, 2006 – 2008 | Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication; Public Relations
Milwaukee Area Technical College, Mequon, Wisconsin, 1997 – 1999 | Associate degree in Applied Sciences & Computer Science with a concentration in Micro-Computer Specialist